Sillypore's government-linked companies which make up to 60% of the economy are a good example. As i blogged about cog labor punished for taking initiative on the 22nd, it was highlighted by The Real Singapore a day later on 23rd how come the bus drivers don't give a damn?
Where got heart ware? Cogs have no heart. Humanity is not rewarded.
Why give a damn if you're considered cog labor & punished if taking initiative? Other reasons further compounding the already downward spiraling situation are:
- Top management dole out cool sounding titles like bus captains instead of paying decent wages - cheapskate.
- Bus drivers may not be highly schooled but they're no fools as they know they are lowly paid (blogpost- Malaysia Bus Drivers Decent Wages. Sinkie Drivers 3rd World Wages). Even cheap labor drivers from China know they are unfairly treated else some would not have striked late last year.
- Pretty much deadend job as Sillypore government-linked companies emphasize paper qualifications for promotion.
- Management aka scholars knows best attitude. Hence feedback are often treated as 'noises'/complaints.
- Keep low profile & 'bochup' since feedback treated as 'noises' may get one 'marked' for early termination.
These type of rot is not just confined to the public transport companies. Government-linked companies make up 60% of the economy so these undesirable corporate practices/mindset are experienced by many peasants (including myself) working or having worked before in GLCs. While they can largely monopolize the local captive market, they often get trounced competing in overseas markets with their 'buggy' software.
It partly also helps to explain why the military generals & paper scholars infest the government-linked corpserations. They lack the heart ware to survive in the private sector as their policies would lead to a mass exodus of customers.. The omission of heart ware explains why the standard of living on this tiny island is deteriorating year after year.