Instead of buy gifts why not buy vouchers & give?
They are great:
- U have no headaches figuring out what to buy
- Let receiver control what he/she want to buy
- Less clutter by avoiding buying something the receiver already has
- No excessive gift-wrapping/packaging (good for mother earth)
- Comes in nice $5, $10 denominations.
Personally i like Popular bookstore vouchers. With books, stationary, computer peripherals(though tad more costly compared to Sim Lim Sq) there's got to be something suitable.