S'poreans have already reached a decent standard of living in the 90s. What's the point of the govt growing gdp at all costs like cancer? Look at the horrific costs so many pay...
Survey results of 2281 respondents from Singaporeans overworked, more stressed:
- 66% of S'pore workers said workload increased compared with 6 months ago
- 83.3% said their work stress also increased in the last 6 months
- 15.5% indicated stress has stayed the same
- 1.1% said stress level has dropped
Dollars Earned Per Hour
- 60% reported they stay in office for at least 1 hour after work hours at least 3 days a week.
Higher earners have more workaholic tendencies:
- 33% said they bring their work home to complete
- 22% said they have worked from home while on sick leave
- 20% said they have worked while on vacation.
Higher earners tend to have more 'toys' to maintain. Ever seen a general manager taking bus to work? Making & streamlining their work to make themselves replaceable is a nightmare for them considering the bigger mortgage & other bills for their toys.
- 25% of S'pore workers said they feel bullied at work
- 74% of those bullied indicated colleagues as biggest bully
- 62% of those bullied indicated superior as biggest bully
- 21% of those bullied indicated clients as biggest bully
- Largest group of workers (34%) being bullied are aged 41-50
- Administrative staff more vulnerable to bullying than PMETs
Common Bullying Behaviors:
- unfair & biased allocation of workload
- verbal abuse & personal attacks
- wrongful accusation
- abuse of seniority or power
Those scholar elites running the govt ought to look at the Nordic countries which their economies are still competitive with their populace having leisure time to enjoy. Leave some of the resources to others so they can achieve a better quality life. Do the scandinavians work themselves to stress & death in pursuit of more, more & more stuff?
- 98% of S'pore Workers Are 'Bochup' aka Disengaged in 2010
- 'Zombie' Workers - Plenty of Them In S'pore