- nearly 9 in 10 said they are working beyond their official hours (don't fool themselves, what's their earnings/hr?)
- Heavy workload & unreasonable deadlines
- 70% choose to complete unfinished work in office
- 30% chose to bring work home
- 45% indicated that company pays lip service to work-life balance with policies in place just for show
- 42% indicated they chose not to use company’s work-life balance initiatives for fear of receiving inferior performance review
Digging own graves in terms of health & relationships. Price being paid is high in other areas of life. That's why i keep hammering the point that the gdp up up up which the current ruling regime like to boast is pointless.
I have already written about dire state of the workforce & its working culture:
- 98% of S'pore Workers Are 'Bochup' aka Disengaged in 2010
- 'Zombie' Workers - Plenty of Them In S'pore
- Higher Share of Sinkies Likely to Leave Current Job Within 2 Years
Many sinkies(i have also experience it) are suffering from time poverty & a sense of emptiness in their lives. Many turn to buy buy buy therapy for a purchase to give them happiness(which doesn't last long) & end up being buried in clutter that they again have to slog at work to pay for renting storage space - a vicious cycle.
A vicious cycle that is dooming S'pore that i've written on last month - Shrink, Shrink, Shrink - Result of Grow GDP at All Costs Like Cancer
Time to smell the flowers? Now many sinkies barely find time to smell the coffee.